Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Please Welcome Guest Designer Heather Topich!
1. How long have you been scrapbooking and how did you get started? I kept journals and photo albums as a child. In college, I started mixing them together, but the resulting pages were horrible, so I don’t count that! Laugh. I started matching things up better about 8 years ago.
2. From where do you draw inspiration? Magazines, blogs, and sketches, like most people, but also from challenges that limit you to using a certain number of things or particular items that I might not have used otherwise
3. Describe your style for us. Shabby chic, sometimes with a touch of vintage… sometimes with a touch of grunge
4. How do you go about designing a page? I start with the story that I want to tell and then pick pictures to go with that story.
5. In general, how long does it take you to do a page?
Usually about a hour, once I decide what product to use (but that alone can take an hour or more!)
6. What is your favorite product? Patterned paper because of its versatility. I love cutting it up to use as embellishments.
7. What are 3 other products that you can't live without? At the moment: ribbon, flowers, and alphas
8. Is there anything else you'd like to share with us? It it my honor to be a guest here. I love scrapbooking, but my scrapped cookbook is one of my favorites. I love that my kids will someday have a fun way to look back at our favorite meals.
You can visit heather at her blog In the meantime enjoy a couple of Heathers favorite recipies!!
Have a great week!